10,000 Miles - A Story About Digging To China - Is On Kickstarter!

Discussion in 'Promote Your Comic' started by BlackMagicWolf, Aug 8, 2017.

1. BlackMagicWolf

BlackMagicWolf 4-Stripe White Belt

Hey everyone!

So, you might have seen that I've been posting art for a new comic I've been making called 10,000 Miles. Well, now we're on Kickstarter, and I would honored if you helped support it.

The book is about two brothers, Bryce and Chris, who have been doing little adventures around their hometown for years. But then, something happens that threatens to separate them for good! So, they decide to have one last great adventure, they're going to dig their way to China! FOR REAL!!!

I call this my Disney/Pixar story, and it definitely has that kind of look and feel. I truly think anyone can enjoy this story, because it's a simple yet fun story, and one that has a deep meaning.

Here is the link, on the KS you'll find the first 11 pages of 10,000 Miles. I hope you'll check it out, let me know what you think, possibly pledge, and hopefully spread the word!

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-miles-a-childrens-book-graphic-novel-adventu
    [​IMG]

Eleviken likes this.
  2. BlackMagicWolf

3. BlackMagicWolf

4. BlackMagicWolf

Hey everyone, doing well?

10,000 Miles is doing alright, with us getting to $1600 raised! We're hoping that this will continue, and our goal for today is $1700. Will you help us make our 72-page graphic novel? We would really love your support. Here's the link and some artwork!

kickstarter.com/projects/blackmagicwolf/10000-miles-a-childrens-book-graphic-novel-adventu

[​IMG]

5. Steven Potts

Steven Potts White Belt

Just as a quick opinion, take it or leave it, having pictures from your graphic novel on your Kickstarter is great, but I'd suggest putting them further down beneath all the info if you're going to have that many in succession. Too much scrolling to get to the rest of the information.

BlackMagicWolf likes this.
  6. BlackMagicWolf

I appreciate your insight, I really do. I've had some successful Kickstarter in the past, but I'm always looking to improve. 10,000 Miles was something a bit different for me because I had a LOT more pages done this go around than in previous KS, and I wanted to be sure to show that I was committed to the project. I'll definitely consider shifting it down a bit.

Any other things you noticed about the KS?

7. BlackMagicWolf

Hey everyone!

10,000 Miles is nearing $1800 raised! In fact, we're only $40 away from it! Can we get that today?

If you don't know, 10,000 Miles is a story about two brothers who dig their way to China. Why are they doing this? Because for 8 years these two brothers, Bryce and Chris, have gone on some fantastic adventures, but now, they're going to be separated by life. And so, they decide to do this last grand adventure to make sure their last moments together are memorable.

Will you help them dig their way to China? They're really going to do it! And here's a page showing them doing just that! But why do they look so tense? You'll have to pledge and find out!

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-miles-a-childrens-book-graphic-novel-adventu

[​IMG]

8. BlackMagicWolf

9. BlackMagicWolf

Hey everyone!!!

10,000 Miles has hit its funding goal and gone right past it! We have 11 hours left in the campaign, will you consider pledging to our project?

kickstarter.com/projects/blackmagicwolf/10000-miles-a-childrens-book-graphic-novel-adventu