• #ComicBookHour returns this Sunday on Twitter at 6pm UK (10am PT) for a PROMOTING COMICS Q&A.

Hiring Artist For A Medieval Vampire Comic

Hi all, I’m looking for an artist (including drawing, colouring and lettering) for a medieval horror comedy I have written called ‘Vampires of Hungary: The Holy Roman Empire’. It will be a 125 pages long and I’m looking to pay $40 per page with the first ten pages needed before I start the kick-starter to generate the rest of the money for the artist and printing. If you’re interested please draw the page from the attached script, a character design for the poorer vampires and a logo for the series. Thanks for your time.

Saxitlurg

4-Stripe White Belt
Is there any way you can reduce the number of panels for the test page? An average comic page should have between 5 and 7 panels (or else the page gets too crowded). By my count, your script is calling for ten panels for one page.

I'd love to offer my services, but there's no way I can fit so much on one page and keep everything readable.

Hi Saxitlurg sorry for the delay in responding. A few of them panels would be very small like the knocking. However it's upto you how many you can fit on the page if you think it's a page and a half then can you do that. The reason I selected this page is it had a church in the background ( a church will be in several scenes) and most of characters are involved so I can how the artist visualises them. Are you still happy drawing that and if so could you send it to me by next Wednesday?

Is there any way you can reduce the number of panels for the test page? An average comic page should have between 5 and 7 panels (or else the page gets too crowded). By my count, your script is calling for ten panels for one page.

I'd love to offer my services, but there's no way I can fit so much on one page and keep everything readable.

Saxitlurg

4-Stripe White Belt
Hi Saxitlurg sorry for the delay in responding. A few of them panels would be very small like the knocking. However it's upto you how many you can fit on the page if you think it's a page and a half then can you do that. The reason I selected this page is it had a church in the background ( a church will be in several scenes) and most of characters are involved so I can how the artist visualises them. Are you still happy drawing that and if so could you send it to me by next Wednesday?
Thank you for your response. Yes, I can do that by Wednesday. Did you want full color, or just pencils?

Saxitlurg

4-Stripe White Belt
Bad news: I have chronic issues with carpal tunnel, and I had a bad flare-up this week. I'm not going to be able to get everything to you by Wednesday.