Building my Indie Comic: Remnant Tribes

Discussion in 'Creative Discussion' started by maurojflores, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Shanny8

Shanny8 Blue Belt

Nice sketches & designs! I will try to keep up with this..!

maurojflores likes this.
  2. maurojflores

maurojflores 4-Stripe White Belt

Thanks a lot @Cleo-San !! I had a hard time trying to make a light-hearted expression on a lion's face, but I'm satisfied with how it turned out.

Cleo-San likes this.
  3. maurojflores

Thanks so much @Shanny8 ! :D

4. Cleo-San

Cleo-San 4-Stripe White Belt

You can be very proud of yourself, you did an awesome job there! =) It's really hard, drawing human mimic on an animal face, so credits! <3
    I can't wait to see more! ;)

maurojflores likes this.
  5. grawlixcomix

grawlixcomix White Belt

Thanks for sharing — I love to see how designs progress over time. How much time have you spent on all this?

maurojflores likes this.
  6. maurojflores

Hey thanks for the comment, @grawlixcomix ! I first started the idea of this comic late in 2011, but put it in the backburner for some time though still developing some ideas every now and then. I started working again more consistently last year around july, mostly on concept art and the overall arcs of the story, and on the website - usually spend more or less 6 hours a week in my spare time. I hope to be able to launch sometime this year, though I still have a LOT of work ahead before that, mainly script and of course, drawing the pages.

7. grawlixcomix

grawlixcomix White Belt

Cool. Keep us posted — especially when your site launches.

maurojflores likes this.
  8. MegaRdaniels

MegaRdaniels Blue Belt

Holy crap that's nice!

maurojflores likes this.
  9. grawlixcomix

grawlixcomix White Belt

Those have some great lighting. I like the textures too.

10. MegaRdaniels

MegaRdaniels Blue Belt

Hello! :)

11. maurojflores

Thanks @MegaRdaniels ! Glad you're liking these cuz I find environment pieces extra challenging.

Thanks again! Lighting and a good contrast in values make a huge difference. =)

12. MegaRdaniels

MegaRdaniels Blue Belt

I say you're very talented. :)
    Do you have the link to your webcomic/comic book?

13. maurojflores

Thanks, man, really appreciate it. I've got no link yet because this is all still a work in progress; I'm working on a lot of concept art, polishing the script, and putting the website together. I've only barely started with the actual pages so it's gonna be a while. I post updates here and on my instagram and twitter, so as soon as it's ready I'll be shouting it out everywhere I can.

MegaRdaniels likes this.
  14. MegaRdaniels

MegaRdaniels Blue Belt

That's cool dude. Keep doing what you're doing man. :)

15. maurojflores

I finally settled on a title for my comic - Remnant Tribes. Man, it's hard finding a domain name these days! I've set up a basic maintenance page while I work on the website, which will be at remnanttribes.com. I also worked on a logo, which is not my strong suit but I think it'll do:
    [​IMG]

I've also worked a bit more on ideas about the world of the story and I'm almost done with a map, for which I'll have a nice feature on the website:

[​IMG]

Next step will be to finally get started with some storyboards and pages.

Donathin Frye and Cleo-San like this.
  16. MegaRdaniels

MegaRdaniels Blue Belt

What sorcery is this? This is breathtaking! I want to read this really bad now! :)

Cleo-San and maurojflores like this.
  17. maurojflores

I found these two pieces I shared some time ago that I realize I haven't posted here. These are for a "history" section of the website that gives a brief historical account of how the Venthaal Empire took over the known world, way before the story kicks off. That page was just a big block of text, so I thought it needed some artwork to liven it up and make people more interested in reading it.

This first one took a LOT of time. I don't know why anyone would assign such a thing to themselves.

[​IMG]

This one was a bit less tedious, but also was a lot of time.

[​IMG]

Donathin Frye likes this.
  18. maurojflores

Excited to start showing some progress of how the website is shaping up, here's a snapshot. It'll have an explore section with an interactive map, charater gallery, and the history section mentioned previously. Also planning on a blog, though I'm worried it might require more time than I can afford, but I'll give it a shot.

[​IMG]

Donathin Frye likes this.
  19. ShaneV

ShaneV Blue Belt

Looks amazing, I can't wait to read it.

maurojflores likes this.
  20. maurojflores

Thanks @ShaneV ! Hopefully this will be the year.

ShaneV likes this.