Building my Indie Comic: Remnant Tribes

maurojflores

4-Stripe White Belt
Thanks for sharing — I love to see how designs progress over time. How much time have you spent on all this?
Hey thanks for the comment, @grawlixcomix ! I first started the idea of this comic late in 2011, but put it in the backburner for some time though still developing some ideas every now and then. I started working again more consistently last year around july, mostly on concept art and the overall arcs of the story, and on the website - usually spend more or less 6 hours a week in my spare time. I hope to be able to launch sometime this year, though I still have a LOT of work ahead before that, mainly script and of course, drawing the pages.

I have a lot of work ahead of me as far as world building goes, but I've got some concept art for some important locations in the story.

The village of Agenes

The Capital District of the Venthaal Empire

The Meadow, home of the Feles tribe

I'm working on a map that I can't wait to show you, but it still needs some work.

Holy crap that's nice!

maurojflores

4-Stripe White Belt
I say you're very talented. :)
Do you have the link to your webcomic/comic book?
Thanks, man, really appreciate it. I've got no link yet because this is all still a work in progress; I'm working on a lot of concept art, polishing the script, and putting the website together. I've only barely started with the actual pages so it's gonna be a while. I post updates here and on my instagram and twitter, so as soon as it's ready I'll be shouting it out everywhere I can.

Thanks, man, really appreciate it. I've got no link yet because this is all still a work in progress; I'm working on a lot of concept art, polishing the script, and putting the website together. I've only barely started with the actual pages so it's gonna be a while. I post updates here and on my instagram and twitter, so as soon as it's ready I'll be shouting it out everywhere I can.
That's cool dude. Keep doing what you're doing man. :)

maurojflores

4-Stripe White Belt
I finally settled on a title for my comic - Remnant Tribes. Man, it's hard finding a domain name these days! I've set up a basic maintenance page while I work on the website, which will be at remnanttribes.com. I also worked on a logo, which is not my strong suit but I think it'll do:

I've also worked a bit more on ideas about the world of the story and I'm almost done with a map, for which I'll have a nice feature on the website:

Next step will be to finally get started with some storyboards and pages.

I finally settled on a title for my comic - Remnant Tribes. Man, it's hard finding a domain name these days! I've set up a basic maintenance page while I work on the website, which will be at remnanttribes.com. I also worked on a logo, which is not my strong suit but I think it'll do:

I've also worked a bit more on ideas about the world of the story and I'm almost done with a map, for which I'll have a nice feature on the website:

Next step will be to finally get started with some storyboards and pages.
What sorcery is this? This is breathtaking! I want to read this really bad now! :)

maurojflores

4-Stripe White Belt
I found these two pieces I shared some time ago that I realize I haven't posted here. These are for a "history" section of the website that gives a brief historical account of how the Venthaal Empire took over the known world, way before the story kicks off. That page was just a big block of text, so I thought it needed some artwork to liven it up and make people more interested in reading it.

This first one took a LOT of time. I don't know why anyone would assign such a thing to themselves.

This one was a bit less tedious, but also was a lot of time.

maurojflores

4-Stripe White Belt
Excited to start showing some progress of how the website is shaping up, here's a snapshot. It'll have an explore section with an interactive map, charater gallery, and the history section mentioned previously. Also planning on a blog, though I'm worried it might require more time than I can afford, but I'll give it a shot.