• #ComicBookHour returns this Sunday on Twitter at 6pm UK (10am PT) for a PROMOTING COMICS Q&A.

Excellence in Webcomics 2017 Winners

JamieMe

Administrator
Staff member
Hello everyone,

Here are the winners listed in text:

Excellence in Comedy

Samantha Leriche-Gionet for Boumeries

Anita Zaramella for Dawn of the Dad

Lindsay Ishiro for How Baby

James L. Nelson for Monster Lands

Excellence in Drama

Jey Pawlik for Dead City

Hari Conner for Finding Home

Shawn Lenore for How to be a Werewolf

Erli & Kromi for No End

@Vanessa Stefaniuk for Radio Silence

Excellence in Science Fiction

Jackarais for Bicycle Boy

Der-shing Helmer for Mare Internum

Freya Horn for RetroBlade

Snowdon for The Sprawl

Ben M. Brice for Supercell

Excellence in Fantasy

Kristina McGuire for Broken

Lucia Martinez Galdona for Four Leaf

@Anna Landin for Grassblades

Jonathan Williams for Riftworld Legends

Anouk Tremblay for Sun's Blade

Excellence in Horror or Mystery

Leah Potyondy-Edens for Arbalest

Kristina McGuire for Broken

@SarahN for Daniel

@NiinaEveliina for Numb

@SNOWDON for The Sprawl

Excellence in Writing

@SarahN for Daniel

Kristin Tipping for Evil Witch Allie

Lindsay Ishihiro for How Baby

James L. Nelson for Monster Lands

Excellence in Art

Jackarais for Bicycle Boy

Daniel Wong and Paris Alleyne for Riftworld Legends

Riana Dorsey for Suihira: The City of Water

Ben M. Brice for Supercell

Honourable Mentions

Star Prichard for Castoff

Yondoloki for The Changeling's Sister

Eduardo Barbosa & Mikaella Fusco for Children of the Moon

Ally Rom Colthoff for Chirault

Amy King for Harlowe Vanished

Congratulations to everyone that joined in. Anyone read any of the winners? Let us know below!

JamieMe

Administrator
Staff member
Well done to everyone who won, great to see Retroblade, Arbalest and Daniel there.

I may be brave enough to submit mine this year haha
You know, I submitted IRL as a laugh. I just did it as a hobby because I wanted to do something on my own. Ended up wining in the now inactive SLICE-OF-LIFE category. You never know. The worst that can happen is you don't win... ow well. No harm done!

HOLY SHIT I GOT AN HONORABLE MENTION!!??? I had completely missed that in the magazine O.O

I've read Grassblades as the only one of those. Congratulations all of you!!!

JamieMe

Administrator
Staff member
HOLY SHIT I GOT AN HONORABLE MENTION!!??? I had completely missed that in the magazine O.O

Ha ha, they need to present the awards differently, IMO. If they did a post like the one above they may even get more press too.

Ha ha, they need to present the awards differently, IMO. If they did a post like the one above they may even get more press too.
Yea, they could definitely be more loud about themselves. Also maybe send out a mail to the awardees so they know? So they don't miss it like I almost did? However I think it's great they have this award. they just ned to toot their own horn a little more :p

The ComicBookHour website was locked down for maintenance yesterday when I went to post here, so you were able to beat me to the punch!

I would have certainly have preferred that.

Yea, they could definitely be more loud about themselves. Also maybe send out a mail to the awardees so they know? So they don't miss it like I almost did? However I think it's great they have this award. they just ned to toot their own horn a little more :p
I will be reaching out to everyone soon, once I launch the vote for Peoples' Choice. It's a substantial amount of work (as we received a substantial amount of submissions across multiple platforms), and like most of the awesome folks here -- I am overworked and underpaid. :p

Congratulations to the winners! And to everyone else who submitted too. Every one of the judges remarked that the number of comics that we read and considered was amazing, the amount of talent staggering.

I highly encourage folks to head over to the StArt Faire website to see the full list of winners (and a lot more info on what's to come), and to check out the latest issue of the magazine (which also features the winners, as well as a number of magazine-exclusive webcomics).

Last edited:

JamieMe

Administrator
Staff member
The ComicBookHour website was locked down for maintenance yesterday when I went to post here, so you were able to beat me to the punch!

I would have certainly have preferred that.
Glad you were going to post here. I'd do it on the SF website next time too. Press can drag and drop it then :D

Voting is open for The Peoples' Choice Award! This award will be given to a single webcomic with the most votes from fans and the community. Submitting a vote is simple -- head to the link below. Share it with your fans on social media or your website! Encourage them to vote for you (or other great webcomics!)

Vote here for The Peoples' Choice Award

Voting for Peoples' Choice will remain open until January 19th, 11:59pm EST.

If you use Twitter to promote, we encourage you to include #eiwAwards on your post!

AnitaComics

4-Stripe White Belt

ahaha, I did the same! Luckily Deanna tagged me in the post or I'd have missed it for a little bit longer. Good job everyone! I have to dig some of the comics listed here that I wasn't aware of