How to draw/write comics: A series

Discussion in 'Comic Discussion' started by djwaglmuffin, Sep 3, 2017.

?

Would you attend a free "how-to" class on comics?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. djwaglmuffin

djwaglmuffin White Belt

I am working towards teaching via Picarto stream how to draw and write comics (with a tad more emphasis on writing).

A few nights ago, someone commissioned me to do a little character for them and they confessed to me they hadn't thought of anything for this character besides what they looked like and we had a big discussion about it and was like "hey, I'm actually pretty good at this." SO, I'm going to run with it.

Also, it'll give me some ideas on how to teach myself as well and hopefully keep my momentum going towards getting my own work up and running.

Anyway, i'm telling you all this for a few reasons:

1. I need a healthy list of topics. There are A LOT and I know people have trouble in lots of different areas so I want to make sure this is as in depth as possible.

2. When do you all think is a good time to do this? I am going to do the class once a week but twice on that day for the people who weren't able to attend the first class (of that day..)

3. Does anyone know of a video editing software? I can record just fine but I can't edit anything.

This is going to be a free class and I want to post the recordings up on youtube for people who couldn't attend either class but I really want to try and get people into the streams as best as possible.

I really think this is a great idea for comic book hour as well. We talk about the industry and some nuts and bolts and then have a stream on the how-to's in tandem with that could be cool. And I've been KIND of nestling slowly against some bigger artists so, maybe we can garner some attention that way as well.

Let me know what you guys think and, again, topics! Let's get this started!