Hype Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING

Discussion in 'Promote Your Comic' started by JamieMe, Feb 22, 2017.

1. JamieMe

JamieMe Administrator Staff Member

Hello everyone,

Here are the rules for posting in the HYPE section. Please note that this is the only section of the site where you can self promote unless prompted by others or the staff.

Rules:

- Every user on the forum is allowed to post in this section TWICE a week.

- All content in this section must be related to comic book creators and services. You can link to your new comic, portfolio, Kickstarter, print service and anything else, but yeah... it needs to be RELATED. No jackets on eBay and POP toys etc.

- No bump posts by other users. Replies need to be for a reason other than bumping.

- Mark all posts that are NSFW in the title. We don't mind nudity and graphic content (that doesn't break our T&C's) here at ComicBookHour, but we ask that you mark posts to give users who may not want to view that sort of content a heads up.

- We may update these terms and conditions from time to time so please check the post if we alert you.

If you have any questions please post below, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

2. hades

hades 4-Stripe White Belt

What if someone replies to our thread? Are we allowed to reply back or do we need to wait?

Crystal Curtis and monkey km like this.
  3. Crystal Curtis

Crystal Curtis White Belt

Wondering about this too!

4. Aron Mason

Aron Mason Blue Belt

still not sure how to go about inserting images into threads from the computer?

5. JamieMe

Yep, you can reply back. I'll add that. My apologies.

@Aron Mason Hey dude, you use the image button and insert a URL to the image. Here is a screenshot of it!

Attached Files:

6. skullamity

skullamity 4-Stripe White Belt

This is the best autocorrect/typo ever, and now I'm picturing just an outdoor valley-sized convention floor set in an actual valley where people are trying to keep goats from eating their books and frantically putting up huge canopies to keep birds from pooping on their merch. ;)

radiochio and t.y.b. like this.
  7. JamieMe

Argh, I do this all the time ha ha. I literally call it Artist Valley now.

t.y.b. and skullamity like this.
  8. MegaRdaniels

MegaRdaniels Blue Belt

What are bump posts?

9. Shazzbaa

Shazzbaa Blue Belt

Basically, when someone replies to a topic, it "bumps" that topic up to the top of the first page again, so a "bump post" is just posting without adding any actual content for no other reason than to put the thread back at the top of the list.

In some forums, bump posts are allowed, and you might occasionally see someone post in a topic saying nothing but "bumping the topic" -- that's what you're not allowed to do here; your comment has to have some content.

Cleo-San likes this.
  10. MegaRdaniels

MegaRdaniels Blue Belt

11. JamieMe

We're possibly making some changes shortly. Heads up!

MegaRdaniels likes this.
  12. MegaRdaniels

MegaRdaniels Blue Belt

What change?

13. Infected Blood

Infected Blood Blue Belt

Before I open my own thread here, I have a question: can I promote my reviews, too? If so, I guess it's okay to promote them once a week in the same post with my comic/s? Thanks!