One Writer in Search of an Artist - story proposal

Discussion in 'Collaboration Forum' started by TheAfterglow, Jul 18, 2017.

1. TheAfterglow

TheAfterglow White Belt

Hello lovely humans, I'm looking for artist people to join me and create a comic from the pitch below.

Story pitch -

From the PoV of a 'comet' in a decaying orbit around the Sun, due to hit a near future Earth.

"300 years ago they spotted me
    250 years ago they were sure I wasn't like anything they'd seen in the night sky before.
    It took them another fifty to realise I was closing in on them,
    and since then they've proposed blowing me up
    landing on my surface
    and dragging me off course.
    Now they're even trying to make contact.
    "We ask you to leave your orbit of this star, your vessel poses danger to our world."
    You hear that? They'll do it again in binary in a minute.

In another few years I'll be close enough to show them that I'm not what they think I am."

Visual Ideas -

Visually the story would revolve around three things, images of the 'comet' in flight, scientists studying the comet, and images of public/media reaction to the incoming ball of icy death (all relating appropriately to the text).

The final panel should show the future transformation of the 'comet' from its dormant state (a giant humanoid in foetal position), to an ultrapowerful figure, arms and legs outstretched as if bursting out of a shell, hovering above the Earth.

Hope this isn't too lame an idea.

J.Keeling (The Afterglow)

2. Kevin Pass

Kevin Pass 4-Stripe White Belt

Hey I like the idea you are pitching and I'm up for supplying the artwork if you are interested.
    Here is my comic Samaritan so you can see if my art is the style you are looking for.

TheAfterglow likes this.
  3. TheAfterglow

TheAfterglow White Belt

Hi Kevin, just read your Samaritan comic pages and really like the style. I'd love to work together with you on this. Message me if your still up for it.
    J.K.

4. Kevin Pass

Kevin Pass 4-Stripe White Belt

Hey happy you like my work and yeah I'm still up to doing it.