Pacifica (And Other Stuff by Tait)

Tait

4-Stripe White Belt
Hello, everyone.

I'm Tait, an artist from northern California, and I create the fantasy adventure comic Pacifica.

It currently follows a young man named Gavin who becomes frustrated with his life in the small town Nook. He leaves to find a new direction for his life and soon encounters wanderers with similar goals. The comic will eventually focus on their travels as a group.

The setting is inspired by flora and fauna of the Pacific northwest region of the US. I'm striving for a fairy tale-like tone that includes humor and adventure.

If you enjoy reading the comic and want to see more of my work or behind the scenes content then you can check out my Patreon page. I'm actively working to add more content and rewards to all tiers and will be able to spend more time working on the comic and art as I receive more support.

Thanks for taking the time to read, I really appreciate it and hope that you enjoy the comic!

Where to follow Pacifica:
Patreon | Twitter | Facebook | Tumblr | Instagram | DeviantART | Pinterest

Last edited:

Funari

4-Stripe White Belt
I've seen your stuff on TWC's bonus incentives page. Always gave me an initial impression of being inspired by stuff like the book "Hatchet". By any chance, is that an inspiration or just coincidence? :3

Tait

4-Stripe White Belt
I've seen your stuff on TWC's bonus incentives page. Always gave me an initial impression of being inspired by stuff like the book "Hatchet". By any chance, is that an inspiration or just coincidence? :3
It's a coincidence. I've heard of the book before, but am not familiar with it. I had to look up a summary.
While not specifically inspired by that book though, it does sound kind of like some of the things I've been reading for inspiration as far as the survival aspects go. To be more exact I read "Give Your Heart to the Hawks" and am currently reading "Tales of the Mountain Men" to find out more about mountain men and try to work in some of the things I find interesting/unique.

AngelicEmpyress

4-Stripe White Belt
Oh wow...your backgrounds are really well done, like storybook illustrations! You've definitely got that fairy tale feeling down :) and the panel is cute and funny. Definitely going on my list of comics to read :)

Tait

4-Stripe White Belt
Oh wow...your backgrounds are really well done, like storybook illustrations! You've definitely got that fairy tale feeling down :) and the panel is cute and funny. Definitely going on my list of comics to read :)
Thank you! Storybook illustrations are definitely one of the influences I've been trying to evoke. I'm also trying to mix in a little bit of posters from the early 1900s and illuminated manuscripts.

Tait

4-Stripe White Belt
I just wanted to let people know that patrons now have access to an exclusive wallpaper! Here's a preview:

There are a few different sizes for desktops and for phones. You can get access to this and other exclusive content such as page previews for just $1.

Another wallpaper will be added when the first goal is met and every 3-4 months after! This is part of my continuing effort to add more awesome stuff for patrons. Keep watching for more bonuses. If there's something you'd like to see then let me know and I'll see what I can do about making it happen!

Tait

4-Stripe White Belt
Hey, everyone. I haven't been very active here lately, but I'm still around and trying to get my comic going again.

After some encouragement from other people I've decided to do a live stream just to try it out. Come hang out to watch me work and listen to music! It will be starting in a few minutes.