rasta layers vs vector layers...

Discussion in 'Creative Discussion' started by Aron Mason, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Aron Mason

Aron Mason Blue Belt

what are the pros and cons and what side do you go for or do you mix and match? I'm just starting to get my had around the new toys on vector layers in clip studio paint.

2. JamieMe

JamieMe Administrator Staff Member

Vectors can stretch to any size without pixelation. My lettering is vector.

Aron Mason likes this.
  3. Aron Mason

Aron Mason Blue Belt

inking on vector , wonderful ........ Using color with vector UGrGH!:mad: *'^$****

4. DMBrigman

DMBrigman 4-Stripe White Belt

Clip Studios Vector inking tools are pretty neat. You can adjust the lines after the fact, make them wider or thinner. Depending on your inking style it is a really good tool. I have experienced a bit of messiness trying to create one line out of several smaller strokes.

I often use it when I am inking architecture because you can extend lines across each other then use the vector eraser to easily clean up overlaps. Then I go back in and convert the layer to raster for further edits.

Aron Mason likes this.
  5. Aron Mason

Aron Mason Blue Belt

I have just done my first pic using the inking, today i tried to do a color pic and after hours i had a dog (the subject) that looked like a three year old had drawn it , total annoying fail. still using vector for ining does as you say have its advantages.

6. DMBrigman

DMBrigman 4-Stripe White Belt

I only use Raster for doing colors, and make sure to work at a high resolution and higher document dimensions.
    What is your process for doing color? the process shouldn't be frustrating for you.

7. Aron Mason

Aron Mason Blue Belt

it was yesterday because I had a client who wanted color work in vector layers, i found this so frustrating i ended up just selling him the line work. i did however learn a lot about drawing in Vectors and its a better faster way to ink ( i have always hated inking ) one trick i did learn since getting the update for clip studio... on the cloud thing with all the free stuff you can find a brush called salmon brush. I use it on the same layer just using a darker and white on my skin layers i can do all my shadows and highlights very quickly a very handy tool.