Sites that review indie comics?

Discussion in 'Comic Discussion' started by JamieMe, Mar 14, 2017.

1. JamieMe

JamieMe Administrator Staff Member

Ha ha, link? I just copy + pasted!

2. Infected Blood

Infected Blood Blue Belt

Sekhmet Reviews :) And you can sign up for a review here. Thanks!

3. JamieMe

Done.

Infected Blood likes this.
  4. Replicator_Comic

Replicator_Comic White Belt

Sorry any missed reviewers was purely accidental

Infected Blood likes this.
  5. Infected Blood

Infected Blood Blue Belt

Not to worry :)

6. AnitaComics

AnitaComics 4-Stripe White Belt

Awesome thread, thank you both for the list and the suggestions you all gave through the comments!

7. ChazWood

ChazWood 4-Stripe White Belt

Re: reviews and submissions generally - does anyone have any experience of dealing with no response?

Is it bad form to send a chase email after a couple of weeks of silence, or do we just accept it's probably been binned with the other 97 review requests that came in that hour, and move on to the next review site? I'm more used to dealing with publishers and agents who tend to specify a response time, e.g one month (or: no reply within a month = rejection), but the sites I've sent to so far have no such information.

Many thanks in advance :)

8. ChazWood

ChazWood 4-Stripe White Belt

Oh, and for what it's worth, I'd be willing to post reviews of comics on my blog devoted to my indie publishing label, Fenriswulf Books.

I've used the blog as a forum for small-press and indie creators in the past and would like to do so again...try to get a bit of reciprocation and feedback going with folks out there, and with luck, drive a bit of extra traffic to both our sites.

I'll post an honest and constructive review within a reasonable timeframe - just don't send me a Lone Wolf and Cub epic and expect a review next week. (However, if your shiz is as good as Goijma and Koike, then I'd happily pay you for the privilige! - joke.) In terms of what I will review - best drop me a PM here first as there's probably some material I'm just not capable of appreciating (superheroes, most definitely) - stoner or other drug-induced material unlikely, also.

Just putting feelers out there. Thanks for readin'.

Trinket Trance likes this.
  9. JamieMe

I'll usually only send a chase e-mail if they've said they are reviewing. Nothing wrong with that, but yeah best not to do it too soon etc.

Trinket Trance and ChazWood like this.
  10. BlackMagicWolf

BlackMagicWolf 4-Stripe White Belt

I'm definitely going to contact some of these to review Home now that it's done!

JamieMe likes this.
  11. Comic Crusaders

Comic Crusaders White Belt

For podcasts add Undercover Capes Podcast Network, which is another site we run, host a bunch of podcasts, and for comic reviewers other than Comic Crusaders, add Geekery Magazine

12. BlackMagicWolf

BlackMagicWolf 4-Stripe White Belt

I'm going to have a Kickstarter in August, think I can come onto some of your podcasts to promote it?

13. Comic Crusaders

Comic Crusaders White Belt

14. Bakertoons

Bakertoons 4-Stripe White Belt