Sites that review indie comics?

AnitaComics

4-Stripe White Belt
Hey guys, this is a great thread that I'm finally getting to use, but I think the first post should be updated and reviewed (ahah) a bit. There's a few listed sites that aren't active anymore, or even don't exist anymore. Plus, all of the other infos share as answers are getting lost. I can eventually compile it, but it should be posted at the top anyway

JamieMe

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys, this is a great thread that I'm finally getting to use, but I think the first post should be updated and reviewed (ahah) a bit. There's a few listed sites that aren't active anymore, or even don't exist anymore. Plus, all of the other infos share as answers are getting lost. I can eventually compile it, but it should be posted at the top anyway
If you fancy reformating it that would be sweet. I'll link to your comic at the top as a thank you :D?

AnitaComics

4-Stripe White Belt
The new and improved REVIEWERS LIST! *drum solo*
I've browsed through everything that has been posted on this thread, and added a couple more I knew about. I removed everything that had been inactive for 6+ months, or those whose website was unreachable, as well as those that stopped reviewing indies. I apologize if I missed something, feel free to add to the list :) Now it should be an easier browsing for everyone

A
Ain't it cool
A place to hang your cape hosting Kickstarter spotlights
Advance Comics
B
Bleeding Cool not sure if they still review indie/webcomics, as you can see they mostly fit mainstream media on the first page
Broken Frontier
C
Comics Alternative
Comic book Bin features webcomics!
Comicsbeat features indies, not sure about webcomics
Comicsverse
Comic Crusaders have an Indie Spotlight section - also part of ComicBookHour community!
Comics worth reading
Curiosity of a social misfit haven't reviewed comic in a year, but still active for other stuff
Comic book News
D
Dog patch they sometimes review comics, it's all about furry stuff
E
Engineeredd
F
Fanbase press features indies, and has a #crowdfundingfridays event ongoing event
Freakin awesome network mostly about fanart stuff, but they cover webcomics from time to time
The fellowship of the geeks features indies, can't find webcomics
Fleen features webcomics, but I can't tell if it's still active
Fanboy nation sometimes features indies
For the love of indie
G
Graphic policy both indies and webcomics
Geek initiative focuses on women in geek culture (characters as well as creators). They feature both indie and webcomics
The geek girl project focuses on science fiction and fantasy. Will only review women work
M
Multiversity comics features indies sometimes, can't find webcomics
N
No flying no tights
O
Optical Sloth
the Outhousers
P
Panel Patter
Pipe dream comics
Pop culture HQ indies only
Page 45
R
Rogues portal they only have one webcomic listed so far, but they do review indies
Reading with a flight ring indies only
S
Sequential state
StArt Faire monthly magazine
Super serious comics has a Kickstarter spotlight section
Stacked podcast
T
the comic journal they seem to review only printed copies
W
Women write about comics focuses on female creators/characters. Features indies
Watcha reading
We the nerdy features indies, and has a Kickstarter spotlight section