• #ComicBookHour returns this Sunday on Twitter at 6pm UK (10am PT) for a PROMOTING COMICS Q&A.

Steemit

Hey all, I've just been introduced to a new platform which can host webcomics and it seems you can achieve financial rewards from it.

https://steemit.com

Unfortunately I'm old and the remote control is like a cerebral game in the Crystal Maze to me, so I'll leave it up to others to discover and debate whether it's worth it

maurojflores

4-Stripe White Belt
It looks interesting, I like they show people's earnings with their posts, looks pretty encouraging. The downside I see is it's not specifically for webcomics so it may not be the best for audience growth compared to tapas or webtoons, but who knows, if it catches on among comic creators it might turn out to be. It's worth keeping in eye out for it.

It looks interesting, I like they show people's earnings with their posts, looks pretty encouraging. The downside I see is it's not specifically for webcomics so it may not be the best for audience growth compared to tapas or webtoons, but who knows, if it catches on among comic creators it might turn out to be. It's worth keeping in eye out for it.

Well, I found Steemit through a Facebook Webcomic group that's just started to get the momentum going, so the will it there.

It also seems like it runs with cryptocurrencies so I'm not sure you can actually monetize through this platform like you would Patreon right? Full disclosure cryptocurrencies confuse me. I agree with Mauro though about it not being specifically webcomic focused, you might get lost in the shuffle. There's no categories section on the site or any straightforward way to find what you're looking for.

Who knows though, don't want to be negative about something new and that I don't fully understand lol.

Polyak Attila

4-Stripe White Belt
It also seems like it runs with cryptocurrencies so I'm not sure you can actually monetize through this platform like you would Patreon right? Full disclosure cryptocurrencies confuse me. I agree with Mauro though about it not being specifically webcomic focused, you might get lost in the shuffle. There's no categories section on the site or any straightforward way to find what you're looking for.

Who knows though, don't want to be negative about something new and that I don't fully understand lol.
It's odd because there are no categories so to speak, yet there are. It might just be tags displayed oddly, I don't really know, but if you go into a specific webcomic item (eg: this) you get a sort of category like something, which is based on their faq is the main or primary tag of the post.