Looking For Work Story and Script Editor

Discussion in 'Comic Jobs' started by Donathin Frye, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Donathin Frye

Donathin Frye Purple Belt

I'm a busy guy, but I'm always willing to take on a project that if it's exciting enough to me. A lot of writers, solo-creators and artists do their thing without an editor, but a good editor with a comprehensive understanding of storytelling fundamentals can be essential.

When I'm wearing my Editor hat, my goal is always to bring the author's story forward, to make their voice stronger and more clear. If you're interested in learning more, you can find a lot of my work through my Twitter account or my Patreon campaign.

Why else should you want to hire me? Beyond being very genre versatile, and having a strong love for collaborative storytelling, I'm also just a nice guy who believes in working hard, always being fair, and building community.

-------

My rate is a flat $10/page, which is all inclusive: if you want me to fine-tune your dialogue and narration, that's what you'll get. If you want my notes on paneling layout, art, lettering, that's what you'll get. If you want help clarifying major themes, plot points, character development, and bigger picture stuff ... that's what you'll get.

I'm also willing to consider work on trade, if the project is right and we can work something out that we both feel comfortable with -- but I can't guarantee it.

I also sometimes consider offers for ghost-writing, but not currently. If that changes, I'll update this post! : )

If you're interested in working with me, please say hello and show me what you're up to via email, at dfrye.creative@gmail.com.

NiinaEveliina and ShaneWSmith like this.