Tales Of Fractured Worlds live on Kickstarter now!

Tales Of Fractured Worlds is now live on Kickstarter! It features art from Rolands Kalniņš , Donna Anita Black, Una Dunphy, Thodoris Laourdekis, Kevin Keane and Barbara Oliveira. There's more stunning stuff to come from Alicia Warhola, Clare Foley and George Kambadais and then a few more surprises up our sleeves. Make sure check it out and for more info follow us on Fracture Press.

IMG_20180114_213549_726.jpg

It features stories about environmentalism, cultural genocide, pollution, power and fear of technology, perpetual war, government surveillance, resource depletion, global warming and overpopulation. All fun topics! While you might think all this sounds bleak there are strands of hope. I have written about dystopias, but there are also stories about utopias too. Sci-Fi for me isn't just showing the evils of our worlds, it's showing the good that we can achieve.

Science fiction can tell the stories that people don't want to face up to. Sometimes the world is so dark, we need an escape. However, what if that escape could change your mind on something, or show you a side of life that you might not have seen or understood before. Tales Of Fractured Worlds is an anthology in the tradition of Wells, Huxley, Orwell and more. TOFW tells stories of worlds that could be and worlds that are just a step away from our reality. Good Sci-fi is about creating worlds that seem so far from our own, yet share this one similarity or truth that we cant escape.

Science Fiction has always been a part of my life, from my early days watching and adoring the Transformers cartoon series. The universe has always been an obsession for me and marrying the grand nature of space with the daily struggle of humanity for good is what I want to do here. That’s the job of art, to experiment and to spread a message or create something with meaning. I’m not saying everything has to be politically engaged or socially charged, but it helps. Art can be the resistance in this world. It can hold up a mirror and say “this isn’t right” or it can engage you and make you think about something. Not everything has to be like that, but those are the kind of comics I want to make. I want people to cherish Tales Of Fractured Worlds and I hope they can see and understand the feelings and messages behind it. I hope that it feels important in your hands. My goal with Tales of Fractured Worlds and Fracture Press is to make socially conscious comics. In creating a universe you expose the truth (which can sometimes be ugly) about our own.

I'm going to be recording a podcast all about the stories in the book, the influences and the ideas behind each one. I'm really excited to share the project and I'm excited for people to read it.

Tales Of Fractured Worlds is an anthology of science fiction tales that focuses on human stories with a backdrop of ecological, environmental and social issues. TOFW continues on the idea of 'socially conscious comics' that developed in our first book, Tales Of The Fractured Mind. TOTFM was an anthology dedicated to mental health and promoting awareness and all our books will be stories with heart, meaning and a message.

IMG_20180113_150041_595.jpg

Tales Of Fractured Worlds features stories about the environment, indigenous people, global warming, consumerism and globalization. We hope these stories ring true - art is the start of changing the world. Science fiction can tell the stories that people don't want to face up to. Sometimes the world is so dark, we need an escape. However, what if that escape could change your mind on something, or show you a side of life that you might not have seen or understood before.

About me...

I have worked on a lot of comics over the past year, building up my reputation as a creator. I've worked on books for Markosia, Future Quake Press, Swamp Line Comics and Gray Haven Press, as well as independent anthologies like Spiders & Stardust: A Tribute To David Bowie and Kayfabe: A Wrestling Anthology. Of course, the reason I'm here though, is my last Kickstarter Tales Of The Fractured Mind.

So thank you for listening and I hope you'll join me again in looking at something fractured! I'd really appreciate it if you'd pledge to making this happen.

Thanks so much,

IMG_20180129_233258_896.jpg