• #ComicBookHour returns this Sunday on Twitter at 6pm UK (10am PT) for a PROMOTING COMICS Q&A.

The Superhero Webcomic Thread

I think monthly or even quarterly is a better starting point. This is the first big group thing we're doing, so it would be better to have a slower release schedule until we know how well we can handle it.

So something similar to Start Faire? If so, would it be weekly like Shonen Jump or a monthly series?
Sorry, when I said 'magazine' I meant something more browsey, not a lot of heavy blog-lie text, something you can skim through. Light and breezy articles. Not actually a PDF or anything lol.

The issue I'd have with a 'collective' style approach would be inclusivity. I'd say we should be open to anyone doing a superhero webcomic.

I've been doing more logo work, let me know your thoughts :D

Its a toss up. On the one hand I really like the sheen of the top logo. On the other the flat colors of the bottom seem a bit more universal...

DLF

Blue Belt
So, right now I'm working on the new issue of Ms Rocket. This story is mostly about her meeting the other heroes of the world and the agencies they work with etc.
In any case, since alternate universe are a thing in my comic, I was wondering if anybody's hero wanted a brief guest spot. I'm probably gonna have a shot showing various characters across the country/world. If anyone wanted a different universe version of their character to pop up let me know and we can work out designs, etc. for this little easter egg/cameo. And of course, link's to everyone's source comics will be included in the page update.

So, right now I'm working on the new issue of Ms Rocket. This story is mostly about her meeting the other heroes of the world and the agencies they work with etc.
In any case, since alternate universe are a thing in my comic, I was wondering if anybody's hero wanted a brief guest spot. I'm probably gonna have a shot showing various characters across the country/world. If anyone wanted a different universe version of their character to pop up let me know and we can work out designs, etc. for this little easter egg/cameo. And of course, link's to everyone's source comics will be included in the page update.
Awesome idea David, count me in!

Count me in too! You can use the Sparrow or the Prophet since they're the most visible of my comic's heroes :D

Hey all, I asked the guys at Webcomic Avenue if they'd be having a superhero genre on their site and they said they would! This is great news given that there's only Webtoon (that I can find) which promotes superhero comics under a subheading.

Now's a good time to approach the guys at Webcomic Avenue to ask what they can do for us, so do we have any ideas for questions we can put to them for superhero webcomics?

Hey all, I asked the guys at Webcomic Avenue if they'd be having a superhero genre on their site and they said they would! This is great news given that there's only Webtoon (that I can find) which promotes superhero comics under a subheading.

Now's a good time to approach the guys at Webcomic Avenue to ask what they can do for us, so do we have any ideas for questions we can put to them for superhero webcomics?
That is awesome!

Will we be able to put into more than one category? The Sparrow is superhero-themed but I feel it would attract urban/modern fantasy fans too since it has a heavy reliance on myth and legend, and I draw a bunch of inspiration from stories like the Dreseden Files.

That is awesome!

Will we be able to put into more than one category? The Sparrow is superhero-themed but I feel it would attract urban/modern fantasy fans too since it has a heavy reliance on myth and legend, and I draw a bunch of inspiration from stories like the Dreseden Files.
Absolutely! You will be able to pick up to three different categories :cool:

This is pretty cool, awesome work! I'm so glad I joined this site. Hope everyone is doing well.
Shaneoid, great artwork man!
Hey thanks XenoverseComics, tell us about your superhero comic (maybe answer the questions on the OP) and let me know if you'd like your link added to the main post.

Hello all!

Some news for we superhero webcomic-ers! I have set up a Twitter account specifically for promoting superhero webcomics!
Say hello to...

I thought we could all use it as a one stop-shop for people interested in superhero webcomics specifically, and generate some interest online for our chosen field. So please follow, spread the word and hashtag #webheronet so I can get some articles up on the feed. Also I've used the main image I created for this thread, but I'd like to do something especially for the header featuring a host of current webcomic superheroes. I have no idea what I've let myself in for but let's do this!