The Superhero Webcomic Thread

Discussion in 'Comic Discussion' started by Shaneoid, Mar 20, 2017.

1. micahdraws

micahdraws Blue Belt

I think monthly or even quarterly is a better starting point. This is the first big group thing we're doing, so it would be better to have a slower release schedule until we know how well we can handle it.

ZTG likes this.
  2. Shaneoid

Shaneoid Purple Belt

Sorry, when I said 'magazine' I meant something more browsey, not a lot of heavy blog-lie text, something you can skim through. Light and breezy articles. Not actually a PDF or anything lol.

The issue I'd have with a 'collective' style approach would be inclusivity. I'd say we should be open to anyone doing a superhero webcomic.

I've been doing more logo work, let me know your thoughts :D

[​IMG]

3. ZTG

ZTG 4-Stripe White Belt

Lower logo looks better IMO

Shaneoid likes this.
  4. DLF

DLF Blue Belt

Its a toss up. On the one hand I really like the sheen of the top logo. On the other the flat colors of the bottom seem a bit more universal...

5. micahdraws

micahdraws Blue Belt

I feel if the bottom of the logos is a flat horizontal (instead of diagonal), it might be a bit easier to design a website around

Shaneoid likes this.
  6. Shanny8

Shanny8 Blue Belt

It looks really retro 80s to me(Back to the Future). I liked some of the earlier stuff you had done.

7. DLF

DLF Blue Belt

So, right now I'm working on the new issue of Ms Rocket. This story is mostly about her meeting the other heroes of the world and the agencies they work with etc.
    In any case, since alternate universe are a thing in my comic, I was wondering if anybody's hero wanted a brief guest spot. I'm probably gonna have a shot showing various characters across the country/world. If anyone wanted a different universe version of their character to pop up let me know and we can work out designs, etc. for this little easter egg/cameo. And of course, link's to everyone's source comics will be included in the page update.

ZTG, micahdraws and Shaneoid like this.
  8. Shaneoid

Shaneoid Purple Belt

Awesome idea David, count me in!

DLF likes this.
  9. micahdraws

micahdraws Blue Belt

Count me in too! You can use the Sparrow or the Prophet since they're the most visible of my comic's heroes :D

DLF and Shaneoid like this.
  10. Shaneoid

Shaneoid Purple Belt

Hey all, I asked the guys at Webcomic Avenue if they'd be having a superhero genre on their site and they said they would! This is great news given that there's only Webtoon (that I can find) which promotes superhero comics under a subheading.

Now's a good time to approach the guys at Webcomic Avenue to ask what they can do for us, so do we have any ideas for questions we can put to them for superhero webcomics?

Infected Blood and DLF like this.
  11. DLF

DLF Blue Belt

Thanks y'all. I'll definitely keep in touch about how best to make this work out.

Infected Blood and Shaneoid like this.
  12. Infected Blood

Infected Blood Blue Belt

Yes, now it's the right time! Ask away :)

DLF and Shaneoid like this.