• #ComicBookHour returns this Sunday on Twitter at 6pm UK (10am PT) for a PROMOTING COMICS Q&A.

Upload Images To Instagram From Desktop

JamieMe

Administrator
Staff member
Hello everyone,

I just saw a crazy RT. Maybe from @R:ILPERSONA.

You can upload to Instagram right from your PC desktop. No app or anything. All you need is Chrome.

Open a Chrome window.

Press CTRL + SHIFT + I

Click on the phone/tablet icon that opens. This switches to mobile.

Hit refresh on the window.

You are now ready to role. It thinks your browser is a mobile phone.

Game changer for sure. I post videos of my comics to my instagram and it was kind of a tedious process having to transfer stuff from my computer to my phone. Now I can just do it directly, saves me a bit of time lol

JamieMe

Administrator
Staff member
Game changer for sure. I post videos of my comics to my instagram and it was kind of a tedious process having to transfer stuff from my computer to my phone. Now I can just do it directly, saves me a bit of time lol
Crazy stuff, for years I've been cold on Instagram because it wasn't organic enough for me. Now I'm going to have a go!

Thanks for the info...I had created an IG page, but its sitting there coz I dont use my phone to snap pics all willy-nilly- that was one of the reasons I hesitated making an IG acct for so long. Now I can import a lot of the art stuff/wip pics to IG without having to resnap it through my phone..!

Yeah, I'm old...and- ?

JamieMe

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the info...I had created an IG page, but its sitting there coz I dont use my phone to snap pics all willy-nilly- that was one of the reasons I hesitated making an IG acct for so long. Now I can import a lot of the art stuff/wip pics to IG without having to resnap it through my phone..!

Yeah, I'm old...and- ?
Could be a huge deal for a lot of us. Think you'll do it often?

I'm gonna upload some stuff there this weekend. I'm hoping my page there pics up traction and direct folks to my comics- especially once I can get my own site up & going..!

Oh my GAWD! Thank you, good sir! I had to tweet the image first and screenshot that and THEN upload it to Instagram. And the res would be off!

This will be so much easier.

AnitaComics

4-Stripe White Belt
ahaha glad to see I wasn't the only one totally unaware of this possibility! I missed so many uploads because I work on an iPad that doesn't support IG (as weird as it is), and it felt ridiculously long to snap a screenshot, upload to the cloud, open the phone, post it. Yeah, whatever.

Is Instagram really all that helpful? I feel like it's the same as any other soapbox, but with a focus on images. Too many instagram models to really see the profit of promoting there.