Want To Join In OCTRTA? READ HERE FIRST!

Discussion in 'Collaboration Forum' started by JamieMe, Nov 19, 2017.

1. JamieMe

JamieMe Administrator Staff Member

Hello ComicBookHour,

We've launched our second community collaboration event. Below you'll find out information on how to join in, and how to look for team members right here on the forum.

What is One Comic To Rule Them All?

One Comic To Rule Them All is a community anthology presented by me, Jamie Me, and the ComicBookHour community. This will be the critically-acclaimed sequel to POWER-UPS: Vilified. It will be, like last time, different to most anthologies.

How so?

Everyone who is accepted in to the POWER-UPS: Vilified anthology will be given a royalty-free license to sell and distribute the finished comic digitally, with strict-guidelines, in what we view as a fairer system than what is traditionally offered.

What is the theme for the anthology?

The theme of the anthology is the word "fantasy".

How you interpret this is completely up to you. Part of the fun will be seeing how creators take this simple writing prompt, and develop a four-page story with a beginning, middle and end.

How are the four pages structured in the anthology?

The total page count is FOUR, so you'll have

Page one (turn), pages two and three (turn) and then page four.

This should allow you to format the story with a beginning, a middle and an end.

Quick link:

Page-Size Template (PDF)

Page-Size Template (CLIP-friendly)

All content submitted needs to be 300 DPI, TIFF format and to follow these measurements:

Bleed Size: 266x176mm Trim Size: 260x170mm Safe Area: 254x164mm

Shout-out to @lizkreates for the CLIP-friendly template.

Who can join in?

Anyone 18 and over can submit to the anthology. All you have to do is sign-up to the forum, and post.

As it is a collaboration event we want to see teams with a minimum of two members or more (four members maximum).

Who does what role will be up to the people involved. Artists, writers, letterists, colourists, editors and other roles that make up a comic will get the same rights as each other.

For clarification, an all-in-one artist could work with an editor.

We anticipate that most will be accepted. Please read the Terms & Conditions for further details.

How do I form a team?

You can arrange a team in private, or...

Post your pitch for collaboration on the sub-forum right here. Be sure to clearly mark what role you would be doing in the title of the post. Here are some things to keep in mind:

Sell yourself:

- Your post should include why people should want to work with you

- Links to your portfolio and/or completed works

- If you are a writer, especially if you are a new writer, you should consider posting your story pitch. Show potential collaborators why they should want to work with you.

What is the deadline?

The submission deadline for this project is February 28th, 2018 by 11.59 GMT. Your work must be submitted in full. An unfinished draft will not be accepted, and the deadline cannot be extended beyond the date stated.

We will add to this post with any questions that you have, or additional data that we believe will help the community. For a complete breakdown of the project be sure to read our anthology Terms & Conditions.

Where do we upload submissions?

In January we will open a submissions post on the forum. Here we'll direct you to upload your submissions.

A final word from Me...

POWER-UPS: Vilified was a huge success, and the results are spreading like wildfire. We are now in the fortunate position as a community we have a win under our belt, BUT that doesn't mean we get complacent. I say we make OCTRTA another smash-hit, and we show we are far from a one hit wonder. WE ARE THE FUTURE!

Disclaimer: All posts in this collaboration section are about creating an anthology together as a community, and as a result money should not be exchanged for services. That includes posting with paid services. All accepted creators involved get a licences to sell the finished anthology (with guidelines).

Shaneoid and DLF like this.
  2. Kevin Pass

Kevin Pass 4-Stripe White Belt

Will it be like the Vilified event where you can be the writer of one story and the artist of another? Might sink my teeth into writing on this one while drawing someones idea as well.

3. JamieMe

Absolutely, you can post to be ANY role you choose. You've got to pitch to others why they want to work with you, which is intentional so we all get better at it, so you can be anything you want to be.

jelne, Trinket Trance and Kevin Pass like this.
  4. R:ILPERSONA

R:ILPERSONA Blue Belt

Is this "fantasy" as in the genre or just anything that we can think of surrounding the term?

5. JamieMe

Anything you can think of surrounding the word, so if that means a fantasy story with elves that is great, but it could also be a kid that fantasises about magic being real.

6. R:ILPERSONA

R:ILPERSONA Blue Belt

okay that makes sense. i'll brainstorm.

7. Zoe

Zoe 4-Stripe White Belt

Hey Jamie, I missed the previous collaboration due to work stuff but I'd really love to take part in this one. Should I create a separate topic looking for a writer or should we make just one where everybody posts?

8. JamieMe

Hey Zoe, it is cool! Awesome you want to join in now. Just throw up a post here: http://comicbookhour.com/forums/collaboration-forum/

I'll share it and I'm sure you'll get tons of requests. The fun part will be choosing!

9. Zoe

Zoe 4-Stripe White Belt

Awesome and thank you! Just done this! I'm so excited for this! :D

10. JamieMe

Just shared it :), it's going to be great. So many talented people getting involved, yourself included, and I eventually get to read them all MU HA HA!

11. micahdraws

micahdraws Blue Belt

Is there an age range or MPAA rating you're hoping for? e.g., PG-13, etc.

12. JamieMe

There isn't an age restriction on OCTRTA :)

13. midlandiania

midlandiania Blue Belt

I'm seriously considering using the four page comic as a prologue for something BIGGER. Before I rewrite my pitch, I just wanted to check that you would be cool with the idea that the four page comic might either be reproduced as-is, or rewritten/re-drawn on another site. Not because I think you all smell, but because I'm struggling with doing a standalone short piece this time around. (it would work as a standalone though). Obviously my pitch would have to make this clear to any collaborators.

I'm thinking of using OCTRTA as a springboard to launch something, maybe? Probably with a note saying 'originally featured in...'

Is this alright?

14. JamieMe

Edit: Let's discourage it. There is a comic anthology out there already for pitching comics.

Notes:

You can do whatever you like with your work after, ofc. That's the beauty of the setup we have.

15. jelne

jelne White Belt

And I already have an idea for this one. Hopefully life won’t make it to were I. Can’t summit this time.

16. JamieMe

Hope you get to join in :)

17. Moral_Gutpunch

Moral_Gutpunch White Belt

Crap. I already have a large fantasy-themed project with one arc already written.

18. JamieMe

You'll make it work. I believe!

19. BlackMagicWolf

BlackMagicWolf 4-Stripe White Belt

Just made a post about wanting to be a part of the anthology! If you're an artist looking for a writer to work with, I'm available!

20. radiochio

radiochio White Belt

If we form a team in private, is it required that all team members also be forum members here?