Want to join in? READ HERE FIRST.

Discussion in 'Collaboration Forum' started by JamieMe, Jun 18, 2017.

1. JamieMe

JamieMe Administrator Staff Member

Crack on, but make sure everyone is signed up. I'm making a database post with teams, so I'll get people to post on that. With their own team names ha ha.

2. midlandiania

midlandiania Blue Belt

A couple of questions:

1 - would it be acceptable to pitch myself for a few different roles - I would be interested in trying writer and/or artist roles. (I'm a somewhat experimental and formless entity at the moment)

2 - with that in mind, would it be acceptable for someone to appear twice in the anthology (or is that just greedy?) - what if I put two hypothetical pitches out there and both were met with an enthusiastic response? and if so, would appearing more than once only be okay if that person is trying different roles*, or would you he happy to see e.g. a writer working with two different artists? a whole team appearing twice?

[*(aside) I had been thinking of an idea for an anthology where nobody is allowed to work with someone they've already worked with before and/or to do their 'usual' comic role (writer, editor, colourist etc) - was thinking of a broad theme of 'music' and calling it 'swapping instruments']

3. JamieMe

1. Yeah, you can throw out that you are open to doing multiple stuff.

2. People can do multiple stuff, but I'm going to say for writing and art (defined as pencil + inks) we'll limit it to one project. Other roles would be fine. Great chance to get experience as an editor etc.

4. Replicator_Comic

Replicator_Comic White Belt

Im in.

The idea I have is as follows.

A young girl uses herself as bait to infiltrate and eliminate a pedophile ring.

It has the male family man a community pillar who will fit into the "I'm not who they think I am." Theme.

And the girl who will also fit into the "I'm not who they think I am." Theme.

If that interests you, and you want to draw/color or letter let me know.

Cheers, Rob.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  5. micahdraws

micahdraws Blue Belt

Just so I'm clear, would you accept someone doing colors (and only colors) for multiple projects or would you file that under "artist?"

6. Aron Mason

Aron Mason Blue Belt

me and my team mate have divided our jobs between the two of us, I'm writing and Coloring and she is pencil and inking (coz i loathe inking)

7. JamieMe

One time per role, so that people get a chance to join in. Colourist and artist are seperate. Artist can also be broken down into inking and pencilling if non-digital.

micahdraws likes this.
  8. JamieMe

All good!

9. micahdraws

micahdraws Blue Belt

Gotcha!

10. Doktor Geraldo

Doktor Geraldo 4-Stripe White Belt

I'll write a four pager if anyone wants to team up with me and illustrate it. I've written and illustrated Spec Ops Hobo - The Best, and I wrote Dildo Boy Origins, illustrated by Stefani Magician's House. Check them out FREE at https://www.comixcentral.com/vendors/doktor-geraldo-store/
    I'm working on a couple of projects at the minute, but I would like to write someone a short for this anthology. Just let me know what you need!

11. JamieMe

Throw up a post in the collab section if you get a chance, but I know @Cleo-San is looking for a partner.

Doktor Geraldo likes this.
  12. JamieMe

UPDATED to clarify FOUR pages total. Cleaned up explanation.

13. TheBlueValkyrie

TheBlueValkyrie White Belt

all this sounds great. I have to think of an idea to pitch, but i have a few im mulling about. Will post when i get it in more detail.

14. JamieMe

Awesome, just let me know if you need me to boost a post!

15. Copper Mouflon

Copper Mouflon White Belt

Definitely want to create something for this but we have a few questions first!

JUST READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND THEY COVER 2 OF OUR QUESTIONS!
    PLEASE IGNORE THEM, but can we know about number 3? :p Thank you!

1) Are we doing color or black and white? OR whatever we prefer depending on our story?
    2) Is there an age limit to the anthology? What is the readership age group we are aiming at? All ages? Teens? Adults?
    3) How do you credit people? As in do we write our names somewhere in those four pages or will they be placed elsewhere?

Thank you! And an awesome idea by the way!

Very excited as soon as we saw this!

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  16. JamieMe

1:

That is completely up to you and your team. Whatever you think is best!

2:

You have to be 18 to join in.

3:

There will be an opening and closing page where you'll be credited, and we'll include a link of your choosing!

Glad you are enjoying the anthology. It is a fantastic chance for us all to create something together.

17. Sugarfiend

Sugarfiend White Belt

I like this .. I'm going to try and pitch!!!!

JamieMe likes this.
  18. JamieMe

There for the taking this one. I want to run an anthology where the people joining in leave with a tool they can use to build themselves up after with. We can and will do that!