Hiring Webcomic Site Design

Discussion in 'Comic Jobs' started by Donathin Frye, May 20, 2017.

1. Donathin Frye

Donathin Frye Purple Belt

I'm buried with projects right now and am looking for some help launching a self-hosted website. I'm looking for something similar to how I've set up my comic's Tumblr mirror, but mobile friendly and not too much of a hassle to edit content and add new pages to.

I'm willing to chat about price, or trade, or a mixture of both. This is something I'd planned on tackling myself later in the summer, but recent events are causing me to want to move up my timeline!

I'd love to have the site launched by the end of June, in a perfect world. : )

If you're interested, please shoot me a message or reach out to me on Twitter. Thanks!

NiinaEveliina likes this.
  2. Kyu

Kyu White Belt

Do you have a preference regarding the CMS? Like WordPress+ComicPress/ComicEasel or Grawlix?

Donathin Frye likes this.
  3. Donathin Frye

Donathin Frye Purple Belt

Not really! My hope is for something easy to learn (if it's unknown to me, like Grawlix), manipulate (should I want to add a History page, or a Shop widget, etc), update and navigate, fast loading times, that looks good on mobile. My Tumblr sort of shows how I've laid out my faux site now -- there's nothing there out of the ordinary in terms of features and content, and I'm also not against a real designer's improvements to layout/etc.

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  4. Infected Blood

Infected Blood 4-Stripe White Belt

I'd be interested. I've done several websites before. I normally charge quite a bit, but for a fellow creator, I'd ask for 250 bucks. Let me know if you're interested, I can show you examples of what I've done before.

5. Kyu

Kyu White Belt

Personally I couldn't get along with Wordpress at all, so I wouldn't be any help with it. The only thing I'd say is preferable in Wordpress is automated notifications for updates. (On that note @grawlixcomix, an idea I just had, have you looked into e-mail lists/newsletters for people using your cms to notify them of upgrades?)

As for Grawlix I find it to be easy to customize and the themes/tones are a great tool. The CMS suits my needs perfectly and I think it easy to use and implement things. :) (And if I had more time at hand I'd also offer to whip something up for you :) )