Welcome to the World of Cockney Kung Fu!

Discussion in 'Creative Discussion' started by Nick Prolix, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Nick Prolix

Nick Prolix White Belt

[​IMG]
    1970s London. Violent times where everyone thinks they're a Bank Robber! Throw a hard as nails redhead into the mix and she'll knock your teeth out soon as look at you! But when she's drawn into a crime, it ain't the score she was hoping for.... Welcome to the world of Cockney Kung Fu!

I've been a bit quiet on the forum and the Twitter chats but that's because I've been busy with my first comics side-project (woo-hoo!) I'm the artist on a brand new comic called The Deadly Hands of Cockney Kung Fu. It's written by Tony Esmond - one third of The Awesome Comics Podcast - and is going to be an ongoing story in the new Awesome Comics Anthology that those guys are going to be Kickstarting in the summer. I'm well into the production of pages for part one of the story and it's a lot of fun to draw!

[​IMG]

If you'd like to see more about the comic you can sign up to our newsletter where I'll be showing off lots of process pics and Tony will be penning a new essay each week about the influences behind the project.

[​IMG]

It's the best way to keep up to date with the project and we'll be sending out the first issue this Wednesday.

Thanks!

2. Ken Reynolds

Ken Reynolds White Belt

Great work! Met Tony at ELCAF last weekend and he showed me some pages. Can't wait to see more.
    I think the newsletter/mailshot idea for promotion and engagement is genius too. Really enjoyed them.