• #ComicBookHour returns this Sunday on Twitter at 6pm UK (10am PT) for a PROMOTING COMICS Q&A.

What Games Are You Playing?

I'm playing through Trails in the Sky for the fifth or sixth time with the intention to truly finish it this time. It's not that it's not an amazing game, it's that I'm a busy person and so I get distracted and when I finally get back to a game, sometimes it's been so long that I just start over. Not going to let that happen this time, really want to play through the other games in the series, but I want to finish this one first.

I would definitely recommend it, and all of the Legend of Heroes games for that matter.

That sounds familiar? WELCOME by the way!
Thank you! Full name of the game is Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky. Was an RPG released for the PSP a while back, but they did a PC re-release for it some years back and they've been putting out a lot more games in the series here recently. Trails in the Sky itself has you following Estelle and her adopted brother Joshua as they travel around the world they live in to find their father Cassius, and also to become members of a sort of adventurer's guild by performing duties in different kingdoms around the world.

Tait

4-Stripe White Belt
I am playing the Etrian Odyssey V demo! Really enjoying it so far.

They've made a lot of changes to the UI. Not sure I like them all, but the game is still great.

DLF

Blue Belt
I bought Mighty Gunvolt Burst and have been absolutely loving it. Mighty No 9 was a train wreck but this game feels incredible.

Any Mega Man fan NEEDS to play it. You can basically build your own Robot Master weapons. Its GREAT!

Wakaxo

4-Stripe White Belt
I'm currently working my way through the Mass Effect games. I'm on the second game right now. I didn't much care for the first game, but I'm loving the second one!

I've been dividing my time between Cuphead, Doom (2016), and Metriod: Samus Returns. Been waiting for Cuphead since 2014. Got Metroid for my birthday on the 3rd. And Doom I've been Steam sharing from my brother.

And Mario Odyssey is coming out soon!!! (oh my gosh!)

Overwatch takes up most of my gaming time, but I also have the Crash Bandicoot Trilogy, Castlevania: SOTN, and Legend of Zelda: BOTW on rotation. I got the SNES Classic and have been meaning to jump into Super Mario RPG and maybe Secret of Mana when I get time, but free time is scarce. I keep telling myself once my ks campaign is wrapped up I'm gonna take a month off and just play games but this morning I started rough pencils on a new ongoing series so looks like I can't keep my own relaxation promises.

It's cool to see so many tabletop gamers in here. I haven't had a solid gaming group in YEARS and I'd love to start playing again. I wonder if we could start a discord group of comic-creating dungeoneers (or space explorers! or whatever I'm really up for anything).

Cuphead looks amazing, I'm such a groupie for that retro style, send help.

Okay so don't call the police but the first game I've played in almost a year is Doki Doki Literature Club. I screamed all the way through and the immediately sent it to a friend.
He was mad.

JamieMe

Administrator
Staff member

Okay so don't call the police but the first game I've played in almost a year is Doki Doki Literature Club. I screamed all the way through and the immediately sent it to a friend.
He was mad.
Welcome to the boards :). I'm hearing a lot of love for Cuphead!

He was mad.
Welcome! Cuphead is fantastic and it isn't one that is style over substance, they put a lot of love into the beautiful visuals and audio but the core game is addictive and challenging(and fair). I absolutely love it.

DLF

Blue Belt
*drags self away from Mario Odyssey for ten minutes before clutching the Switch again*
This game is SO GOOD y'all...SO...GOOD!!

JamieMe

Administrator
Staff member
*drags self away from Mario Odyssey for ten minutes before clutching the Switch again*
This game is SO GOOD y'all...SO...GOOD!!
Argh, tempted now. Just got a Switch and everything is great so far. Mario Kart vs the entire family... fantastic stuff!

DataBunny

4-Stripe White Belt
I really want to play Cuphead. Unfortunately my wallet just can't justify it anymore

We've just taken up playing the Evil Within 2 again (and whoops editing videos of my fails is eating into comic creating time!). Honestly I don't think I've ever been so scared in my life.

If I stop replying to things I probably had a TEW related heart attack - please perform CPR