What was the last comic you read?

Discussion in 'Comic Discussion' started by JamieMe, Feb 27, 2017.

1. JamieMe

JamieMe Administrator Staff Member

Platinvm End. Pretty good so far.

2. Rob McMonigal

Rob McMonigal White Belt

Just finished up Kim Reaper 1 and 2 for an upcoming review. Really odd, quirky story that I'm digging.

3. MegaRdaniels

MegaRdaniels Blue Belt

Sonichu #2

lol

4. Shanny8

Shanny8 Blue Belt

Last comic book I read this week(so far)- Black Panther #11. This comic has been rolling since it first started...

Last webcomic I read? The recent episode of The Substitutes- cant wait to see what happens next week!

Trinket Trance likes this.
  5. Trinket Trance

Trinket Trance 4-Stripe White Belt

Wow. I tore through X'ed Out by Charles Burns in about an hour yesterday. Surreal, unsettling, oddly funny and hauntingly familiar (like he's pulling on strands of my subconscious). And by Kirby's Third Knuckle, those INKS.

6. MegaRdaniels

MegaRdaniels Blue Belt

I haven't read any as of yet lol. But will tomorrow when I get up in the morning.

7. Aron Mason

Aron Mason Blue Belt

http://denizensattentioncomic.thecomicseries.com
    this is the comic i'm reading now and the artwork and story are both very impressive. without giving spoilers two kids go to a boarding school because their mother is so horrid being set away is a safer option, lots more after that and a bit of a mystery so far it's been quite the read and entertaining.

8. Purrl Pankras

Purrl Pankras White Belt

I just started reading Cavalier of the Abyss for the 3rd time...

9. Devika

Devika 4-Stripe White Belt

I binged on the webcomic "Living When Dead". Great art + story, and it even has animations in places!

10. MegaRdaniels

MegaRdaniels Blue Belt

Have you read Las Lindas?

11. Devika

Devika 4-Stripe White Belt

No I haven't, might check it out though furry usually isn't my thing. At a first glance it looks like the antithesis to the dark LWD haha

12. alin_rautoiu

alin_rautoiu 4-Stripe White Belt

Read the first few chapters of The Creepy cases of Margo Maloo. Really charming all ages stuff, more Laika in tone than Pixar, with an approach to environment that reminds me of Sfar or Blain, those dense and densely rendered background that are still exaggerated and cartooned, and figures resembling those from a humor newspaper strip.

13. Rob McMonigal

Rob McMonigal White Belt

One of my very favorite webcomics!

14. alin_rautoiu

alin_rautoiu 4-Stripe White Belt

I can see that. I just discovered it.

15. Trinket Trance

I just read Kieron Gillen's Mercury Heat (Avatar, so you know it's HARD R). He crams a lot of thoughtful hard sci-fi into a surprisingly intimate little pulp action-thriller. And I'm a sucker for interplanetary expansion tales and stories about smart, ass-kicking women.

alin_rautoiu likes this.
  16. Shanny8

Shanny8 Blue Belt

Just read Giant Days #25 today- along with a small pile of other comic books. As for webcomics- I read today's episode of Neon Rabbit.

17. AnitaComics

AnitaComics 4-Stripe White Belt

Devil Dinosaur and Moon Girl: Best friends.

I've enjoyed it, but superhero stuff isn't really my cup of tea and I expected something different. Not really sure why since it's a Marvel title, but the cover was so cute and interesting

18. Trinket Trance

I've been curious to check that one out, but I'm hesitant to try much from Marvel or DC unless I'm already a fan of the writer.

That said, I just read and thoroughly enjoyed Grant Morrison's Wonder Woman: Earth One. It's a playful yet reverent update on Diana's origin with fantastic art.

19. SpaceTurtleArt

SpaceTurtleArt Blue Belt

I bought Over the Wall + Stonebreaker vol 1 at CAKE! and then binged the rest of Stonebreaker immediately. Really nice clean art style and an intriguing story. Def recommended.

alin_rautoiu and Trinket Trance like this.
  20. NiinaEveliina

NiinaEveliina 4-Stripe White Belt

Just re-visited my collection of Mermaid Saga by Rumiko Takashi.
    Such a great collection of creepy short adventures of two immortal humans.