What was the last comic you read?

Discussion in 'Comic Discussion' started by JamieMe, Feb 27, 2017.

1. JamieMe

JamieMe Administrator Staff Member

I've had a look at that myself. Will give it a go one day!

Reading God Country atm.

2. Wolverinesclaws

Wolverinesclaws 4-Stripe White Belt

Things I've just read and would heartily recommend,

The Rift and God Country.

Trinket Trance likes this.
  3. Trinket Trance

Trinket Trance 4-Stripe White Belt

I read the first issue and feel like I should want to read the rest but something about it didn't quite hook me.

4. JamieMe

Enjoying God Country so far. Picked up the trade impulsively. No regrets!

5. Trinket Trance

And that's how chain reactions happen. I keep thinking about picking it up and now been nudged further up the list.

6. NiinaEveliina

NiinaEveliina 4-Stripe White Belt

I got my hands of a copy of first The Arab of the Future by Riad Sattouf. It's very interesting package, focusing on authors childhood memories in Syria, Libya and France. Even though the comic can be pretty brutal at times, it does open a window to Middle East in 70's.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  7. JamieMe

That sounds like an interesting read for sure.

8. NiinaEveliina

Definitely a new modern classic imho. French comics at it's finest.

9. JamieMe

Is it available in English? Got me interested!

10. NiinaEveliina

Yup! Looks like it :) Quick google search found at least Amazon selling english copies.

11. Trinket Trance

Animosity (Marguerite Bennett) is a heck of a read. If you're a fan of anthropomorphised takes on animal intelligence (taken to the extreme here) and post-civilization tales, give it a read. It's vicious, compelling, funny and always waiting to shank you in the heart.

12. Wolverinesclaws

Wolverinesclaws 4-Stripe White Belt

I picked up the first issue but I recall it had some problems, more to do with the art and layout than the actual writing.

I like me some anthropomorphised animals, Elephantmen is great, but this was just underwhelming as first issues go.

13. Trinket Trance

I dug the art overall but there were definitely a few layout experiments that confused the story flow. Oh, the structure of the first issue was underwhelming too - it helped that I had the trade and was able to dive right in. The first issue reads a bit more like a zero issue than a proper kick off to the story.

I have a quibble with a central story conceit too, but it is what it is and that's why I write my own stories.

14. Kevin Pass

Kevin Pass White Belt

Finished some 2000ad trades this past week. Lawless, Absalom and Kingdom all I'd recommend.

15. yondoloki

yondoloki White Belt

I recently found out Joss Whedon has been invovled in making some comics happening between Firefly and Serenity, called Serenity, and I just read the two first of then! :D

I'm also rereading Fruits Basket, finally collected all the volumes.

16. JamieMe

Did I imagine it, or did they also make a Buffy and Serenity mash-up?

17. Shanny8

Shanny8 Blue Belt

Last actual comic book I read was Super Sons #3. It's been months since I set foot in the comics shop I usually go to...I'm reading on a last comic pile that I had sitting around since May.

Last webcomic I read was Night Twink- yesterday evening.

18. yondoloki

yondoloki White Belt

There are some Buffy comics advertised in the back of the two books I have, but no mash-up... That would be a very weird crossover also, how would that even work?

19. JamieMe

Man, I can't find anything on it, but I was sure they did like a merger of ideas comic once. If not I've imagined something quite fun, ha ha.