Work In Progress Wednesday

Discussion in 'Creative Discussion' started by Shaneoid, May 31, 2017.

1. Shaneoid

Shaneoid Purple Belt

Hey all I thought this forum would benefit from a thread where we can show our works in progress and maybe discus where we are with our current projects. I managed to get 3 uploads of Night Twink done in May although I'm aiming for 2 in June as Ill be attempting to compile another good buffer for Heroes of the World and Beyond.

I was working on the flats for this image of Panther Boi in a diva pose, and I thought it came out looking like a piece of pop art :D

[​IMG]

Hope to hear from you all, let's see what you're working on :)

DMBrigman and DLF like this.
  2. DLF

DLF Blue Belt

Current page progress
    [​IMG]

Not too sure about those first two panels, but I'm proud of how the fourth is turning out

Shaneoid and DMBrigman like this.
  3. DMBrigman

DMBrigman 4-Stripe White Belt

[​IMG]
    Getting ready for colors for my next page. I am trying to build up a buffer again and am about half a week ahead thanks to the holiday.

DLF and ZTG like this.
  4. Shanny8

Shanny8 Blue Belt

Laying down inks on a Ray Thunder page that was supposed to have been out yesterday- but because of the on & off bout with "con crud", I've been trying to take it easy. Afterwards, gonna whip up a piece for Ray Thunder's 1 year anniversary- and then back to work on pages. I'm behind on stuff because of the con, but now that it's over I might be able to catch up.

DLF, DMBrigman and Shaneoid like this.
  5. ZTG

ZTG 4-Stripe White Belt

Well here's a screenshot of a current page in progress
    upload_2017-5-31_11-59-58.png

DLF, DMBrigman and Shaneoid like this.
  6. Respheal

Respheal White Belt

[​IMG]
    Fun angle time \o/

7. Shaneoid

Shaneoid Purple Belt

Wow we all work so differently lol, great work everyone!

8. DLF

DLF Blue Belt

Really like how you seem to have a guideline for the reader to follow. Gonna have to steal that to do better with my own sense of flow.

ZTG likes this.
  9. ZTG

ZTG 4-Stripe White Belt

I always make sure to draw in a rough guideline to make sure everything flows well, or to plot out the flow of a comic. The biggest thing that comic creators need to take into consideration before placing in random squares, is to figure out how to plot the page for visual flow for yourself and the reader.

Shaneoid and DLF like this.
  10. Tony Cooper

Tony Cooper White Belt

Currently working on part 2 of The Murder Club story Useless Deaths while the Kickstarter is going - just inking a bus ride... now what's in that bag ;)

[​IMG]

11. Shaneoid

Shaneoid Purple Belt

I wouldn't even know where to start with that :oops:

12. ShaneWSmith

ShaneWSmith 4-Stripe White Belt

Page File293.jpg
    Here's the most recent page of my fantasy epic Triumviratus. Not usually a fan of splash pages in general, but sometimes the story demands one.

Will be playing with the light/colour balance a little in post-production.

Shaneoid likes this.
  13. ZTG

ZTG 4-Stripe White Belt

I know I already made a post, but here's another WIP
    upload_2017-5-31_22-54-33.png

Attached Files:

14. Marion Sipe

Marion Sipe White Belt

Here's a good starting place . I found it quite helpful.

DLF and ZTG like this.