• #ComicBookHour returns this Sunday on Twitter at 6pm UK (10am PT) for a PROMOTING COMICS Q&A.

Writer Looking For Artist

Fantasy: "a fanciful mental image, typically one on which a person dwells at length or repeatedly and which reflects their conscious or unconscious wishes."

Strangely, this story isn't my fantasy. Rather, it starts with the fantasy of a humble tree. It ends with a mystic's impossible answer.

It's a story, maybe, about the fantasy of purpose.

It's a story, maybe, about changing one's shape, the physical container one thinks defines them.

Or maybe it's just a silly fantasy.

It begins like so:

"I was told that once, there was a tree."

---

Hi! My name is Joe, and I'm a writer. I've been writing a webcomic - Blue Skies Over Nine Isles for 2 years now - and I've also written a short print comic with Matthew K. Hoddy called Frangible & Bork.

I'm looking for an artist to team up with to tell this story. It's based on a short piece I wrote a while back that can neither be classed as a fable, or a folk tale, or a zen koan... but contains elements of all of them. It definitely falls into the realm of fantasy.

I'm big on collaboration; I've got a very specific idea for panel pacing & layout, but I'm very open to any sort of suggestion or change if it feels like it won't work.

If you're interested please drop me an email or DM on Twitter and let me know what you think! Thanks!

- Joe