What Games Are You Playing?

This one goes out to CBH gamers!

What game are you currently playing?
Would you recommend it?

I'm currently levelling up a tank build in Champions Online called Insektra! I'd definitely recommend Champions Online, even if you don't like MMOs, the character generator is one of the best I've found online! I've bought Pillars of Eternity and I've been hovering over it, anyone else rate it?

^^^ Insektra!

JamieMe

Administrator
Staff member
FF XV and For Honor. I always seem to have a single and multiplayer game, ha ha. MP is great for quick stress relief I've found... smashing ppl, I call it.

ServerPanda

4-Stripe White Belt
Pokémon Moon right now. I haven't played a game in close to two years because of my disability, so this is really REALLY slow going. It's a balance of trying to not set off the seizures but still get just enough time in to get a battle or two done before I have to put it down. I'll get the game done in maybe a year or so ahahahahaha!!!!

I'm playing Dragon Age: Origins for the very first time (late to hop on that train, I know! I'm a slow gamer >.<) and have just made it past Lothering, and I'm also right in the middle of Night in the Woods, which I helped Kickstart and have been excitedly anticipating all through development.

I'm enjoying both of them, though they're very different games!

I'm a very slow gamer, because I don't have much spare time, but exploring game-worlds and talking to NPCs and immersing myself is one of my favourite things to do. <3 I wish there were more hours in a day so I could play more, and still get my work done on time!

Funari

4-Stripe White Belt
Elder Scrolls Online for me~ Ever since I bought it, I've been hooked. I've played the series since Oblivion, and ESO plays just like any other modern Elder Scrolls game, and the PC version has a gamepad mode so I'm not all awkward with my non-gamer keyboard and mouse. I've got four characters I play on that game...all Elder Scrolls-friendly AU editions of my own characters lmao

(If I wasn't on my phone I would post pics too)

I'm also right in the middle of Night in the Woods, which I helped Kickstart and have been excitedly anticipating all through development.
Update: I finished Night in the Woods.

It was so good, I cried. A bunch. I'm going to have to re-play it at some point, to do all the stuff I didn't do on this playthrough.

Gosh, I love those characters so much.

I'm playing Dragon Age: Origins for the very first time
I'd love to be able to go back and re-play Dragon Age for the first time. :D My only play-through of the first game in the series was of a barbarian-type, and it was surprisingly compelling! Not all of the Dragon Age games do a great job of making all of the different classes balanced in terms of narrative wow factor (the later entries can be really mage-centric), but Origins does a great job of letting you play almost any type of character you want without sacrificing a good through-line.

And working on a combination of Fallout 4, the Witcher, Zero Dawn and FFXV - Maybe I'll finish one of those before Andromeda drops ;;
I struggled to get into Fallout 4 and FFXV :/ which is a shame, I really dig those series overall (though I guess it's been a while since I really loved a new Final Fantasy). The Witcher 3, though (and Witcher 2 for that matter), wow. Such a phenomenal game and story. Dragon Age lets you invent your own character from scratch, but if you can get past that and let yourself step into Geralt's shoes ... there's never been a finer fantasy RPG than The Witcher 3 in terms of story, scope, gameplay or fun -- not for me, at least.

But ...

I started another playthrough of the Mass Effect series in anticipation of Andromeda that I was hoping to stream as part of my Extra Life gameplay this year, but then I haven't touched it in weeks. I should get back on that...
Mass Effect is my favorite series this side of Y2k. The characters are just so great. I don't allot much time to video games these days, but I've known my free-time was gonna take a hit for Andromeda's release for a while now. :x

I'd love to be able to go back and re-play Dragon Age for the first time. My only play-through of the first game in the series was of a barbarian-type, and it was surprisingly compelling! Not all of the Dragon Age games do a great job of making all of the different classes balanced in terms of narrative wow factor (the later entries can be really mage-centric), but Origins does a great job of letting you play almost any type of character you want without sacrificing a good through-line.
I'm certainly enjoying myself! It scratches my tabletop-itch in between our weekly Dungeon World sessions! :D I'm playing as an elven mage lady, and I love how swiftly the game got me emotionally engaged in the world it's set in. Heck, the first tough moral choice in the mage storyline comes after what, half an hour of gameplay? I had to take a break, make a cup of tea and dig real deep into the person I'd decided to pretend to be* before I could choose between loyalty to my (creepy) friend, or buying a better position in the Circle by selling him out.

*) I roleplay as much as I can, given the set responses to each question. They don't always fit the personality I have in mind, but it's fun anyway!

(though I guess it's been a while since I really loved a new Final Fantasy)
Same, sadly. :( I used to love the heck out of that series and look forward to each new game, but I've lost that. The last game I played was FF13, and I didn't even bother finishing it. I felt railroaded and bored, and liked neither plot nor characters very much.

JamieMe

Administrator
Staff member
I'm really enjoying FFXV. Reminds me of when me and my mates jump in a car and go on an adventure. Just with less swearing. Looking forward to trying Horizon which has claimed @Archie's PS4 for the immediate future, ha ha.

DataBunny

4-Stripe White Belt
Same, sadly. :( I used to love the heck out of that series and look forward to each new game, but I've lost that. The last game I played was FF13, and I didn't even bother finishing it. I felt railroaded and bored, and liked neither plot nor characters very much.
@Donathin Frye

Ill be honest - im the same. My enjoyment of ffxv has come from laughing at the random instagram meals, the view of Gladio's arse in those leather trousers in the first few seconds of the game and laughing at how janky the game play is - but it all got a little old after a while. If youre going to give me a car at least let me actually steer it so i can take it off road and mow down a troublesome monster? Rather than forcing me to pull *safely* over every time an enemy gets too close. I'm not even invested enough in the characters to keep it going and i've done nothing to improve the skillset on Ignis or Noctis - I hate fishing!! I think the last one i enjoyed properly was ff12 - i did end up playing all of 13s spinoffs and hating it - i was hoping xv would have learned from that mistake.

Ill probably finish it later this summer when there's nothing coming out i really want, its entertaining but its not got me playing until 3am for more story like DAI has

Last edited:

Elliwiny

4-Stripe White Belt
Okay, I know I'm way behind the times, but I've been inching my way through Dark Souls for the first time and it's been pretty fabulous~

Other than that, lately I've been obsessed with playing Starbound and Diablo 3 with my Fiance :D

Funari

4-Stripe White Belt
Finally got my pics set up of my ESO characters, like I promised (to myself, mostly). Only two of my characters I'm satisfied with, appearance-wise (and they're the two main characters of my comic), so here you go!

Besides that, I HAVE been playing some old Sonic games on and off. I'm a Sonic fan, yep. I'm also a Mario fan, so I'm not one of those "Genesis Does What Nintendon't" folks ;P

I didn't mention it before, but I'm pretty big into Dungeons and Dragons. I've been running a custom game world with custom rules, custom monsters, original everything -- for about three years now. One of my longer campaigns, but I've been running games since I was a kid! The group I play with is a bunch of other actors, so we get a great mix of feels and laughs. Exciting for me is that I'm going to take a break from being Dungeon Master later this year once this current story is finished.

I'm already prototyping a few different characters that I'm getting excited about playing! I like building minis in Heroforge when I'm working on characters' backstories. Here's three that I've been tossing around in my head for a while that I hope to play later this year. :eek: any of them resonate with you guys?

HeroForgeScreenshot (1).png
Barbarian/Druid: He's a witty and crassly charismatic member of a desert cult, often mistaken as brigands. In actuality, they worship nature in the abstract and are something of an apocalypse cult. His ultimately goal is to infiltrate "city life" in preparation for a major movement to over-throw civilization and help nature reclaim the world. So, he's sorta an eco-terrorist that would try to recruit other PCs and NPCs to his way of thinking over the long-term. Eventually, as a Circle of the Moon Druid, he'd start gaining the ability to shapeshift into desert ecosystem beasts, which would be a lot of fun.

HeroForgeScreenshot (2).png
Swordmage Automaton: It is a metal guardian engineered by a mysterious wizard in a tower, without a soul or the ability to think for himself. Its job was to wander the forest surrounding the tower to hunt down monsters and keep intruders away from the wizard's abode. One day, its master went missing, and so it stood in the forest, statuesque, waiting to be commanded once again. And then, after years of silence passed, it began walking ... towards the nearest town. It does not know why it started walking, but it thinks about that moment often -- the first time it showed a spark of the potential to become self-aware. The fun in playing this character would be in allowing its development to be a response to the characters, events and world around it.

HeroForgeScreenshot (5).png
Possessed Nobleman: All of the wealth in his little world hasn't filled the hole in his heart since his wife passed (peacefully, of natural causes). He's tried hobbies. He's tried "getting out there" and meeting attractive ladies. He's tried (and had a little success) reconnecting with his son. But his obsession with his wife, the pieces of their relationship he felt like he never got right, haunts him. And so, he has been spending vast amounts of money on artifacts and research to try to find a way to bring her back to life. In this way, he's just taking his first steps down a sad, dark path that promises little relief to his lonely old heart.

#DnD / #Tabletop is the best.

#DnD / #Tabletop is the best.
Aww, yeah! I'm a tabletop nerd too! (o.o)/

I play an ongoing Dungeon World campaign with a bunch of people online - a mix of artist-friends and non-artist tabletop-friends - and I've also dabbled in oneshots in a few other systems - Monster of the Week and Mouse Guard, respectively.

I play Iris Mirzam, Immolator - basically a fire-based mage class that doesn't need spell-slots, but expends their own inner flames. She's a bookish academic wandering the world due to unresolved issues in her past, travelling with a bunch of mismatched drifters. So far in the campaign, she's had time to fight dust-vampires, explore ziggurats, dismantle a cult that considered her a divine avatar, acquire a magical talking book, help defeat a lich-king and strike up a bumbling romance with a fellow party-member. I draw a bunch of silly sketchcomics about it as often as I am able. They're in my Dungeon World-tag on Tumblr - but I've got them up on Gumroad as well, in neat and tidy PDFs.

Our Monster of the Week-squad - which accidentally ended up looking like American Gothic-take-the-kids-to-the-carnival. I played the towering, scarred lady in the back. MOTW has a class that's basically a time-travelling monster-hunter, and being a history-nerd, I had to pick that, and proceeded to make a 16th century English fanatical Puritan come unstuck in time. Her 100% historically accurate and appropriate name is Fear-Not-The-Devil-For-Christ-Is-With-Thee Barebone. Fear-Not for short. :D

In Mouse Guard, I played a no-nonsense scout-mouse named Eira.

Next on the slate - a D&D5e-oneshot, in which I'll play a Sorcerer-based Magical Girl. :D Because with tabletop-gaming, there is no one to tell you you can't, so why NOT make a magical-girl oneshot with maximum sparkle and friendship-powers? We'll be livestreaming it, too, which will be, uh, nerve-wracking. ^_^;